1. — I guess I must leave now. See you tomorrow.
— _______, I have some important information for you.
A. Hang on
B. Carry on
C. Keep on
D. Wait on
2. He wants to see _________ much stronger China within _________ rest of his life.
A. ; a
C. the; a
D. a; the
3. It’s true that we don’t know what we’ve got until we lose it, but it’s also true that we don’t know what we ________ until it arrives.
A. had missed
C. have been missing
D. will have missed
4. Economics ____ is known as an inexact science because it relies heavily on variables and subjective judgments.
A. is what
B. are what
5. We seldom have a meeting on Friday, _____there is something important to discuss.